Dear Minnie's family,

My heartfelt sympathy and prayers go out to you this morning. When I read your Mom's obituary in the local paper this morning, my heart broke. She was such a courageous woman of faith, determination and compassion for others. I will never forget the day I met Minnie, as she lovingly came over to talk to my Mom about her recent cancer diagnosis and what she could expect from her impending treatments. I can't express to you how wonderful it was for us to sit down and talk with someone who had been through that difficult journey ahead of us. Your mom was so willing to be transparent, explaining the details of radiation and their terrible side effects with such gentleness and compassion. We also shared that day a bond that can never be broken: our deep faith in the Lord. I know the Lord sent your Mom to us through this OCF board, and she was such an inspiration and comfort to us at a very scary time. She gave me her phone number and encouraged us to call anytime with questions, concerns, or if we just needed to talk. Your Mom showed my Mom (and our family) the Christ-like love she so deeply believed in. Though I am deeply saddened by the loss of such a wonderful lady, I rejoice in the knowledge that she and my Mom are together in Heaven, rejoicing with their Savior, and finally CANCER FREE!!

My mom lost her battle with cancer in June of 2006, and though it is still sometimes hard to realize that she is not here with us, I can smile at the many memories and the wonderful legacy she has left for us to cherish. Your Mom has truly left you a legacy- She touched SO many lives with her strength, determination, compassion, and LOVE. She will never be forgotten, and you will ALWAYS carry her spirit with you through the wonderful person she raised you (and her entire family) to be!

My thoughts and prayers are with you today and in the days ahead. Thank you for sharing your precious Mom with so many! She was deeply loved, and her legacy will live on through her family, friends, and the OCF.

In His love (and with many tears),
Laura