Dear Amy and Family,

Your loss is our loss. My deepest sympathy to everyone on Minnie's passing.

I remember how excited I was just about a year ago that your mom and I were making plans to meet when she and your dad were going to go to NYC during the Christmas holidays. I just read through all of our emails and came across the folllowing:

"I'll keep you posted about Christmas time. Going to New York at this time of year has always been a dream of mine. We almost came last year, I even bought tickets to the Broadway show Hairspray but we ended up not being able to come. Sold my tickets to the show on Ebay if you can believe it! Thank goodness my daughters are up on that type of stuff, lol, sure re-couped me some of my money." But we are coming for sure this year, my husband is determined.

Sadly, this never happened and we never met face to face. Despite this fact, I feel that your mom and I had a special bond. Her advice and comforting words to those in need were an inspiration to all. I feel that I am a better person for having known her.

Minnie will be deeply missed.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"