To Amy and the rest of Minnie's family,

I read about your Mother's hospitalization while I was sitting in the waiting room at MD Anderson to see my doctors for my 2 1/2 year checkup. I felt stricken, because although I never had the priviledge of communicating with Minnie directly, I read so many of her posts to others and also the ones about how much her family meant to her, and felt I knew her through those.

Later that night, after arriving home with an all clear from all my docs, I told my husband how lucky we were and how we had to keep remembering to live each day to the fullest. I just read Gary's post and his words say it best:
"This is the time to love one another, assess your own life and appreciate what you have been gifted with. Honor your spouse and your family (as Minnie so proudly did). Minnies passing is a hard lesson for all of us to make everything we can out of each day (and in her memory)."

My deepest sympathy, thoughts and prayers to all of you...

Ginny M. SCC of Left lateral tongue Dx 04/06,Surgery MDACC 05/11/06: Partial glossectomy with selective neck dissection. T1N0M0 - no radiation. Phase III clinical trial ("EPOC" trial)04/07 thru 04/08 because tests showed a 65% chance of recurrence. 10 Year Survivor!