Gail, I did do the same number of Amifostine and apparently really impressed the radiation technician and the rad. oncologist from Roswell Park. I had one gap of five days when I didn't have any shots, though, after the second chemo because I was so sick from that. I worry that long a gap that may have negated all the rest. I am having really horrendous drymouth at night right now. Hopefully it will get better.

Anyway, I hope Barry does better and given how well he is doing in other ways I suspect he will! (I also suspect that ebcause his tumor was on the lower tongue, they might have been able to spare more of his parotid glands than they were with me--I know the one on the tumor side for me was not spared and I had my submandibular gland on that side removed when I had surgery so that might make a huge difference)

Aren't you a sweetie to not eat other stuff in front of Barry. You really are. My husband (who has not turned out to be a particularly sensitive caretaker in all sorts of ways but that's another story) gave me two choices--he could sit in another room and eat the nice dinner he cooked for himself by himself, leaving me alone for even more of the day than I was already alone when I was in treatment or he could eat it with me and in front of me. I chose the latter ebcause I wanted company when I could get it at that point and I guess the one benefit it has had is keeping me wanting to be able to eat normally again!

Yeah, I told the radiation techs that I couldn't wait to see the last of them too--but they just laughed because, of course, I still have to go back for breast radiation!

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"