Hi --

Barry's nausea was mild, that is, no vomiting or even feeling like he was about to vomit -- but churny and queasy as if he *could* be sick to his stomach if the feeling persisted or got worse.

Today he is fine -- has been eating regularly. I did find some ginger tea and also, crystalized ginger at Trader Joe's. The latter is very strong, you only take a tiny bit and swallow it. It would probably not do for anyone with mouth sores but it is good for nausea. I think the ginger tea has possibilities.

Marica -- sounds as if your Pete had same stage and treatment as Barry is having (chemoradiation, no surgery). It is encouraging that he is doing so well now. I will keep your advice on the suppository in mind in case Barry does start to develop nausea that canno be controlled by oral meds.

Gail

CG to husband Barry, dx. 7/21/05, age 66, SCC rgt. tonsil, BOT, 2 nodes (stg. IV), HPV+, tonsillectomy, 7x carboplatin, 35x tomoTherapy IMRT w/ Ethyol @ Johns Hopkins, thru treatment 9/28/05, HPV vaccine trial 12/06-present. Looking good!