Rhonda,

As I am reading all the posts, the vivid memories come flooding through my mind. I had such a horrible time with the Ethyol and ultimately stopped but I just couldn't imagine stopping. Each day I looked into the eyes of my wonderful wife and two boys, I knew I had so much to live for and I would perservere. One day in radiation, my neck red and oozing goo and blood, I was running for the bathroom, not sure which end was going to spew first. When I came out I met a young man, half my age. He had been battling lymphoma for so long and he was sitting there in the waiting room with my wife, both of them sobbing. He looked at me and reached out to my hands. Our trip that morning was less than enjoyable and I was at the "hump" of treatment wondering why I was doing this to myself. This young man then told me of all the surgeries, showed me dozens of scars, showed me his horrible teeth and said all this was from cancer and treatment. He said he knew he didn't have much longer but he was going to give it everything until his last breath...for his kids. He then said if I couldn't do it for myself, think of my wife and kids. I am strong in my faith and I knew exactly who put me in the path with this young man and I also knew at that moment nothing would stop me until I breathed my last breath.

I don't know what Leon has decided but I would gladly speak with him too (972-422-2724). We all went through this, on one side of the equation or the other. It can be done although it is no walk in the park. I, too, live for cooking and I knew no matter how bad it tasted, it would be good again someday. Unfortunately, I didn't hang out in this neighborhood until a couple of months after treatment.

Hang in there, it will get better for both of you.

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021