Did you hear more, is that what's up? Or just fear in general?

Don't worry, we got ya! It's okay, we're here. Breathe deep.

If it IS thrush (candida, as someone pointed out), that stuff is nasty painful. Nursing moms and their babies get it all the time. Not fun. I recall getting that when I nursed ... more the baby got it, and I was being treated so it wouldn't get into my system and get out of hand ... but it IS treatable. It's also fairly common. Mine was a nursing situation, so I only know the breasts / babies' mouth treatments, which won't help you in the slightest, but I can at least offer you sympathy there. I can tell you that in the nursing sense, treating with antibiotics makes the candida worse (I was misdiagnosed with mastitis during part of it, and antibiotics are helpful for that), so be careful what you are prescribed while you clear this up. Or at least discuss with your doctor. (I mean, I'm talking a totally different body part, and it's a known possibility in that situation, but for a strictly oral issue, it might not matter so much.)

Were you able to ask for an earlier biopsy time? If you can't call (I get overwhelmed and can't do all my own self-advocacy sometimes), do you have a trusted friend or relative who can call for you?

And ((hugs)). You will get through this. Day by day. Minute by minute, if you have to.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June