Its 100% true that every single person has their own strengths and things they are smarter or better at than most others. Im sure you have many things you are good at. Focus on those positive things and what things make you happy. Nobody can turn back the clock and get a redo of all the shoulda coulda woulda things they wish had gone differently in their life. Things that have already happened are things we cant change. Focusing on things that cant be changed is unproductive and does nothing to help boost your spirits. Try to get involved in some hobbies doing things you enjoy. Maybe join a group or two. By joining some new organizations, you will meet new people who could turn out to be the greatest friends down the road.

When I was just starting out I made myself do positive things whenever I started to worry. I quickly realized worrying was never going to help anything, all it did was get me upset. I worried about things I had no control over which was completely illogical and a huge waste of my time. I started to limit how long I would think about those negative things. When I found myself "going there" I would set a timer for a few minutes and when it went off I forced myself to get up and go do something positive, something productive. I found by limiting my "what if" way of thinking was a huge help in making me feel better about my situation. If I can do it, I know you and others can too!!! Everybody can try doing the "what if" time limit and "change the channel" when times up. After the "what if" time was up, I worked on doing something positive. I cleaned out my closets one at a time and then moved on to dresser drawers, kitchen cabinets, pantry and thats as far as I got. Everybody worries, its very hard not to when facing potentially serious health conditions. But if you could train yourself over time to only allow so much time to devote to the "what if" worrying before you "change the channel" and physically get up to go do productive, positive things that hold your attention then I know you will be doing yourself a huge favor and you will feel alittle better about everything. Plus you get the satisfaction of a job well done by accomplishing things most people tend to put off. Im one who put those things off but doing my closets, dressers, kitchen cabinets, etc. really helped pull me thru some hard days that would have been spent worrying about something I had absolutely no control over.

I have faith in you and know you can move past this and take it day by day. Right now, you have NOT been diagnosed with anything. Since you quit smoking that will help to give your mouth time to heal so hopefully you will get a negative result from your biopsy. I know its NOT easy at all for you but this sort of thing isnt easy for most people. It can be very scary time when you are worrying you might have cancer. I really hope your results come back negative, with no sign of cancer. Take it day by day and do your very best to stay busy doing things that require complex thinking and concentration. Reading books that hold your interest or watching movies with good detailed plots that make you pay attention to follow along both are easy things to keep your mind entertained so you dont focus on worrying 24/7.

Just be kind to yourself in whatever you do in life. You really do deserve happiness and an easier life than what you currently have.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma