May, how was your biopsy? Theres several ways to have them done. Ive had them all and am never sure of what the results will be until they come in, usually about a week later. Waiting is the WORST!!! Try your best to stay busy doing positive complex things to help pass the time. Its not easy to avoid thinking "what if..." but it is for your own good. None of us can predict biopsy results, not even doctors!!! They arent able to know for certain until the lab results come back.

Fortunately the majority of my biopsies were benign. The 2009 Stage IV biopsy was the one that shocked me the most, (even more than the original ones from 2007) as I felt absolutely wonderful. The day before I got my results, I went on a 25 mile bike ride with my son. I never imagined I was walking around with a ticking time bomb, Until you are given that positive for cancer diagnosis, please be kind to yourself. Even if you would have OC, it is NOT the end of the world. Theres thousands of people who have survived OC and gone on to live happy, productive lives.

At OCF, you have many friends all wishing the very best for you. It can be very lonely going thru the beginning stages of a cancer diagnosis. When you discovered our online public message board and made your first post, you joined our online family. Here, everyone understands what you are going thru and just how difficult it can be. Depression is very common with cancer patients. Unfortunately so is suicide. Too many good people have a hard time processing everything cancer patients go thru. Can you please do your something for your online family? PLEASE reach out to someone for help in dealing with everything you're going thru... PLEASE!!!!. You do not have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders by yourself!!!! There may be other places for help in your area but here a couple things to help you below....

1.800.273.8255 ... US number, not sure if this will work in Canada

National Suicide Prevention website

PS... Please check in and let us know how you are doing. We're all waiting and hoping for good results with you. Hang in there!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma