@KristenS

Thank you so much for writing, Kristen. It means a lot.

So, yes, you know about depression, eh?

Well, then you know it’s tough.

Luckily, I have a good team around me. Today, I saw the social worker/therapist. And she echoed not to get ahead of myself with worry, though easier said than done. Still it’s good to have it drilled into my head by her and by those on this board.

I’m very surprised to hear that docs would take you off your meds in hospital without consulting the prescribing psychiatrist. And, I’m very sorry to hear about your broken hip. Sending you healing energy to get well soon.

You’re right about Google not always being your friend. I guess it’s all about using it with discernment and some balance. Haha Not always things I’m noted for. But, in truth, you make a good point. Why drive ourselves silly with worry and dwell on that which we do not yet know.

There was a story about a woman, on the news, who was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and has lost her hair now through treatment, etc. She has got back to dancing and doesn’t Google anything. She goes for treatments and tries to be as happy as she can be. She’s also a mom.

I might very well need to take a page out of both your books and think of other things … tae kwon do, eh? That’s great!