I’m also from Canada and live in the Greater Toronto Area. I was surprised to hear that you had to pay for your biopsy. When my husband was in treatment, what I found most reassuring was that finance was not a problem as the government paid for almost everything. Was your biopsy done in a dental office and that’s why you had to pay? Your family doctor could have referred you to an ENT and it would have been free of charge.

The waiting game is hard. It is impossible to not dwell on it. However, you might use the time between now and getting the results to focus on what you enjoy doing. It could be taking walks, binge watch your favorite shows, heck, even straightening out your sock drawer so that you get a sense of achievement. Little things do count. I would also encourage you to speak to your family doctor about your condition and he/she can determine if medication is warranted, or a support group. My husband was on Prozac for years and he continued taking it all through his treatment.

Wishing you all the very best.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.