I am blessed to have found this group.

I looked and there isn't any American Cancer services in my area at all unfortunately. I am enlisting his co-workers to help me twice a week after next week. I asked the gal who is coordinating drivers to meet me for lunch next week just so we can meet. I do not know her but I so appreciate all the support a total stranger has given me. You are correct about the people who come out of the woodwork to help and the ones who seem to disappear. I have a feeling I will be a better helper to someone else in the future from all I'm learning.

Another friend texted and asked to go out tonight to take care of me. I'm an extrovert so being around people gives me energy. I needed that after my meltdown the past few days. I also took a long nap this afternoon to refresh my body. Even took a long walk.

I noticed no one else in radiation treatment is having someone drive them every day. I told him that I'm taking a 2 day break and he can drive himself. I know that driving will not be possible after this week but I'm taking a break as I still have to drive for hours for my business most days....I am taking care of me first so that I can take care of him when he really needs it.

thanks for all the support and wonderful information!

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free