wow! you hit it out of the ballpark with info!

I talked to the nurse about HIPPA and she said they don't bother with it if they are seeing the caregiver coming in every day.

They made him stay today after asking me how he is really doing when he left to go to the bathroom. I said he will not eat or drink anything and will not use the numbing liquid. She said, well, then he is going on the feeding tube today! This lady is wonderful and we are blessed that she works at Mercy Cancer Center.

She said those who are uncooperative do not fare as well. She said he hit the bad place early and still has a long way to go but said if he keeps up the fluids, he will feel considerably better. I told her that I have heard that repeatedly from this group but he is quite controlling and will not listen to me. They are so on top of this, I think they will put him in the hospital each time he pulls that martyr stunt. They have no tolerance for it.

I have manuka honey already! I'm a health nut so I had bought some to try out for myself awhile back.

He has already lost taste but hasn't said things taste bad yet. He could barely open his mouth before so this trismus I read about is going to be an issue. He is not going to the PT at this point though I believe he went before treatment started. That's today's update. I will take in the info again later after I get back from 3 hour drive (on top of the 2 to the hospital already today) to a notary job. I look forward to driving and meeting strangers as it will give me a time away from all this.

I'm really defeated today. flat tire, 2 service calls to fix water heater, 2 other heavy burdens, listening to someone moaning all the time. Yep, I'm weary already plus I got chastised for not having a backup driver today since I had to cancel some of my business due to his hospital stay. We live an hour away, I am new to this cancer stuff, etc......I will survive. I know it all sounds trivial as I'm not the one in pain but this is NOT an easy job.

Spouse of 58 yr old with BOT cancer
Stage 4a HPV16 positive
3 chemo treatments cisplantin
35 radiation treatments 7000 cGy
former smoker/chewed tobacco for 38 yrs.
1/2020 diagnosed with cancer near TMJ
4/2020 chemo 5 days every 2 weeks
6/2020 proton therapy
9/21/2020 cancer free