((hugs))

Wish I could make some of it better. It took me getting real sick before I got into audiobooks ... but your car trips sound like a good time for some books, if that's your sort of thing. (I resisted them mostly because I read too fast and audio goes too slow ... but I've found some I absolutely love now, and they get me through sick times really well ... long trips, too.) Do you have anything like that to make the trips more bearable? Or are you already doing that?

Those exercises will be important for him. I wasn't given any (I've learned so much here about things that have changed over time, and things I might ought to have been told!) but I was lucky that I was okay without them. Probably because I talk too much, and that made up the difference, LOL. But if he's already struggling, the nurses will want to get stern with him because he WILL be able to get better from the cancer, and then the therapy will be a lot harder and he'll wish he had the jump-start. Not that you don't already know this ... but he'll need to figure it out. But the nurses can be the ones to deliver that message, if necessary ... it doesn't have to all be you. This is something they are trained to do, and used to doing, and that's okay. You do have to take care of YOU too, as you are able.

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads
March '14, Tx done, port out w/ complications, PEG out in June