Okay- question to all of you that are so good about posting back. I REALLY do appreciate ALL of your responses!!!

My native tongue just hurts. I don't have any ulcers on top or on the side and I'm wondering if this happened to you. I'm thinking that when I'm sleeping, I may be biting my tongue. Or, have done the biting damage prior to radiation and it just hasn't healed. Anybody else experience something similar? I'm not in a high degree of pain (ibuprofen during the day and then an oxycodone before bed and sometimes in the middle of the night) but just describe it as an ache and annoyance. Can anybody relate?
When I had my PET scan done prior to rads, RO said that he didn't see any new cancer on my native tongue. When I had a CT scan done about Week 5 of rads, again RO said that my native tongue looks good. Of course, I was SUPER worried about another lesion but he said no. Whew....that was a relief!

Week 3 post rads is today!!! Feeling pretty good for 2 days in a row now. Getting out of the house, driving around and have more energy. I'm definitely spreading my day out though as I don't want to hit the wall and crash!

Last edited by Kristen S; 07-10-2018 05:09 PM.

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18