Hi Christine,

Thank you for the encouraging words!! I saw my oncologist today and he gave me a thumbs up on the recovery process. I am 14 days post rads and actually feel okay today. I need to remember to take it day by day and continue to be patient. Patience and acceptance are very hard lessons to learn.

I am focusing on my nutritional health and was up a few pounds at today's appointment. I've been using my PEG tube exclusively for the past month but thought I would try to do some eating via mouth this past weekend. Turns out that may not have been a good thing. My throat tissue was very sore (feels like I have strep) and the oncologist said that it's the mucosa trying to heal. Whatever I drank or ate may have irritated the tissue. He gave me some ideas of other foods to try.
I'm already adding protein powder to my smoothies and I've also started to drink Glucosolve that I've dissolved in a nectar juice. I'm doing anything and everything recommended by the doctors/nurses and dietitians.

I got through rads by using both OTC and RX meds. Thankfully I'm only taking about 4-5 RX pain pills a day. I told the oncologist today and he said that was fine.

Positive steps!!!

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18