Hello to the other Kristen S!

Thanks for the encouraging and supportive comments about my upcoming trip! Yes, I'm planning on keeping the PEG tube in and if I need it, it's there. If not, oh well. I've had it in since February so I'm pretty used to it by now.

Did you feel that your tube came out to early? Were you eating w/o any difficulty about 4 months post treatments? My oncologist said that most of his patients leave in their tubes for about 3-4 months post treatment. I'm okay with that!

Thanks for the warning about the sun. I've already have 1 squamous cell carcinoma and multiple basal cell carcinomas removed from various areas of my body, so I am very cautious about sun exposure. Somebody else had told me about the sun exposure and radiation. Also my arm and leg where I had grafting done. I was told that both sites should be covered up from any sun exposure for a year. When an oncology nurse told me at the beginning of this journey that I wouldn't really feel back to "normal" for a year, I didn't believe her. Now I do!!!

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18