Denise- when did all of your mouth sores resolve themselves? I have one particular sore that's on the side of my tongue and it feels like it extends down to the floor of my mouth. It's the grand-daddy of all sores and I keep thinking that if this one would just heal, I'd be much better off!

Yes, being patient is the key.

I have used the Magic Mouthwash here and there but since I'm still using my PEG 100% of the time, I haven't used the mouthwash recently. I'm thinking that when my mucus settles down a bit and I'm ready to try eating orally again, then I'll refill my prescription and use more frequently. The mouthwash I have now expired last month. I used it the other day and it had turned a weird brown color. I think it's best to just get a refill! smile

Another question- how is your speech coming along? Have you had any speech therapy as part of your healing process? My speech was pretty good until the last week or two of rads. My speech now (3 weeks post rads tomorrow!!) is marginally okay. I find that I have to repeat myself more than once. I think part of the difficulty though is the mucus. Whenever I try to speak, it sounds like I have marbles in my mouth. And then all of a sudden, the flow of mucus erupts! You just have to laugh!!

smile

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18