I was dealing with a lot of mucus. I could almost blow it out of my mouth like blowing my nose. My sweet husband bought boxes and boxes of Kleenex so that I had some close by wherever I was. . And then one day it just stopped. I use a humidifier by my bedside and keep a towel on my pillow that I change daily to catch my “drool” at night but even that has lessened. Seems like that happened around 3-4 weeks post rads. I carry around a squeeze bottle of baking soda, salt and water mixture wherever I go and rinse often.

I have an airplane trip planned in a few weeks but it’s one I have to take as it’s for my MD Anderson follow ups. My husband has to take our daughter back out to Arizona for college so I found a good friend to go with me. I am hoping my energy levels are a bit better by then. I have some early morning appointments and right now I can’t get going before 11 am! Hope I can get up and going in time!!

Praying and believing for better times ahead!
Linda

Stage 3 SCC of tongue/floor of mouth. Originally Stage T1N0M0 but one pesky lymph node discovered in neck after resection.
Now T1N1M0
Surgery 2/16/18 at UAB.
30 Proton Therapy Treatments
Cisplatin Chemotherapy