Hi Denise- I'm starting to get a bit worried about my trip in August. I'm flying from Seattle to Philly. Direct, non-stop flight. I do have a PEG feeding tube in and plan on keeping it in for a while. I'm HOPING by then that I can drink liquids semi-comfortably but plan to pack blended food I've prepared the day of as well as my supplemental Jevity. I'm planning on doing a tube feeding prior to boarding the plane and then as soon as I get to Philly. Am I nuts for doing this???!!!!
I am on Day 18 post rads and the biggest issue is the excess mucus and the sores in my mouth. I have a big sore underneath my tongue on the left as well as on top of my tongue on the left. How has your mucus problem resolved? Any better? I'm so frustrated by the excess mucus. I literally can stand over a sink and just drain. It's a constant flow of mucus. When I use my spit cup, I find that I also mouth breathe and then my throat gets dry and I start to cough. And then coughing makes my sores hurt more and then I start to gag. I'm SO OVER this part of the recovery. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that it gets better. Really hoping that this side effect goes away before I fly. When I fly out, it'll be 8 1/2 weeks post rads.
Tell me I can do this! smile

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18