And one last thing Christine- I am GAINING weight post rads. Yippee! I was up 2 pounds at my last visit. I am super focused on the weight part. I lost about 20 lbs after the surgery, gained about 10 lbs back before I started rads and am now slowly getting back to my normal weight. That's one great thing about the feeding tube and using the VitaMix. I'm throwing everything and anything in that thing. I'm focused on lots of protein, calories and the good healthy fats. I'm also still supplementing with Jevity. Each container of Jevity is 355 calories and I use three a day. Sometimes I do feedings at night w/ the Jevity or I'll add to smoothies. Either way, I'm packing in those calories!!! That was one thing that I picked up from you on a previous post-the importance of the nutrition. I WISH I had used the VitaMix post my surgery. I wonder how much faster I would have healed. I used Jevity exclusively after surgery for probably 2 1/2 months before doing the yogurt and soft foods. I WISH I had used the VitaMix from the day I got home from hospital. Oh well, at least I have it now. I think that's part of my successful recovery.

Thanks!!

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18