Not nuts ... just ready to DO stuff again. smile

I was crazier ... I took a trip in the MIDDLE of chemo and rads. Fortunately, it was right before the downhill turn (not that I could have foreseen that), but still ... in retrospect, it was a darn foolish thing to do. But it kept my spirits up for the rest of my treatment, to have had that special weekend off. I was just a couple hours away from home by car, and very near some decent hospitals, for a woodcarving retreat with some dear friends. Nobody wanted me to travel alone so my daughter went with me. Note: My daughter was all of ten years old at the time, LOL. But it meant she got to do the workshop, too ... we were carving 6" dolls, and it was just so much fun. The instructor rocked, the company was good ... it was good for the soul to have that respite. (I've asked my husband since then why on earth he let me go, and he's said when I get an idea in my head, there's no stopping me anyway, and he could tell I needed it. And all the other folks were really sweet about taking good care of me, making me rest when I started to look over-fatigued. I still can't believe I put everyone through that...)

So ... if this trip is something special for YOU, that will refresh your soul ... go for it! Be careful, of course, and pack for contingencies, but go ahead and do it. Assume you'll need the tube and the medicines and the formula, but be pleasantly surprised if you're able to enjoy a milkshake or something while you're out and about. And just have some fun. Don't overdo whatever the purpose of your trip is. Take it easy. You'll still fatigue quicker than you think. My treatments were in February and March; I think my tube came out end of May or early June. We did take a family beach trip that October (beware of the sun! you WILL have to watch for sunburn for a year or so post-rads) and that was kind of nice because we made it a slow schedule so I could rest as often as I needed ... which was still often. You're doing good with your weight, better than I was, so maybe you'll be further along, but still ... go ahead and be prepared to rest and enjoy resting, just in case.

((hugs)) You'll get there!

Surgery 5/31/13
Tongue lesion, right side
SCC, HPV+, poorly differentiated
T1N0 based on biopsy and scan
Selective neck dissection 8/27/13, clear nodes
12/2/13 follow-up with concerns
12/3/13 biopsy, surgery, cancer returned
1/8/14 Port installed
PEG installed
Chemo and rads
2/14/14 halfway through carboplatin/taxotere and rads