Hi Christine- no worries, you're not bursting my bubble! You're keeping me in a reality check. My oncologist said that I would probably have my PEG tube in for minimum of 3 months post rads, which brings us to September. I agree that I should keep it in and I will. A girl can always dream, right??!!

The plan for flying is pretty simple, thankfully! I'm travelling with my daughter and parents. It's a coast to coast flight but direct, non-stop. And once we arrive on the East Coast, we have a rental car to our final destination. And once we arrive at the final destination, I'll be in a very relaxed setting with lots of family around for 10 days. It's all good! I'm planning on wearing a mask and will talk to my oncologist before the trip for any tips.

I don't have any plans to go back to work until after this trip to the East Coast. I'm a dental hygienist who typically sees patients every hour and a full day for me would be 9 patients!! I can't imagine doing that again until later this Fall. The thought alone exhausts me! Returning to work is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment.

I can only hope that tomorrow is better for my mucus- so tired of the spit cup! I wasn't using it last week but for some reason, needed it today. I was hoping that I was over that side effect. I'm thankful that I haven't needed the heavy pain meds today- ibuprofen seems to be doing the job just fine. It's so weird how each day is a bit different. Even how you feel from the morning time vs. the evening time. For example, this morning I took a shower and did a load of laundry. Spent the rest of the day exhausted. Until after dinner. I played Tripoley with the family, watched 2 episodes of a show with husband, put clean sheets on the bed and now I feel energized! But, I'm forcing myself to bed.

I'll look into the signature- thanks!!

Kristen S.
Stage 3 SCC Surgery 2/18
35 radiation treatments-completed 6/18