I would like to gently suggest that you reread Christine's comments regarding your travel plans. I share many of her concerns. Air travel can be very unpredictable--delays, rerouting, cancelled flights, being stuck on runway and unable to exit plane, etc. Freezing cold or too hot. It can be exhausting and also frustrating. In addition, dry & poor air quality, increased risk of airborne infections.

But perhaps most of all, I don't think you can predict how you will feel next month. Being determined to take this trip can be good or bad. Obviously, something to look forward to and an accomplishment to reach. OTOH, if you aren't up to it and do it anyway, it could be even more upsetting.

I am particularly concerned about the air travel part.I thought long and hard before writing this. I don't want to be overly negative; I want to be cautious. If everything goes just right, it could work out. If it doesn't go right, how would you react? That, I think is what you must consider.

My husband and I are seasoned travelers, both domestic and international. We were worried that he would never feel up to long trips again. We started with overnight car trips and I'm happy to report that by approximately 9 months post treatment we were enjoying long distance travel again.

Last edited by travelottie; 07-08-2018 05:16 AM. Reason: clarification of wording

CG to husband, dx @ age 65, nonsmoker/social drinker. Dx 5/08 SCC Stage IV, BOT T1N2aM0. 33 IMRT - completed 9/12/08. Induction Chemo (Cisplatin, Taxotere & 5FU), plus concurrent Cisplatin.
1/09 PEG removed; 5/09 neg PET/CT; 5/10 PET/CT NED
Dental extraction & HBOT 2013; ORN 2014; Debridement/Tissue Transfer & HBOT 2016