I am new to this site and ALL of you people are a huge inspiration to me. It is very easy to just sit and feel sorry for yourself, but that truly doesn't accomplish a thing. I also am waiting to get my radiation scheduled -- get fitted for the dreaded mask and the RO wanted a few new CT scans. Had my remaining lower 3 teeth removed last week so just waiting for the gums to heal a bit before we put them thru hell again.

But just wanted to shout out to all of you that I am so happy I found this site..... I didn't find it until AFTER my surgery, but it has given me so much good info and now I know what questions to ask. Between dx and surgery it was all a blur for me and the hubby. was diagnosed just before the holidays and litreally got the first available surgery date (January 3, 2011)

You guys give me hope.
thanks for that.

Ingrid K
Chicagto, IL area

DX 12/6/10 of T3 SCC Tongue.
Surgery 1/3/11 was hemigloss & forearm free flap, midline mandibulectomy, Neck Disection-All nodes clear.
Ended rads 5/11/11. Taste buds back to about 80%. PEG removed 4/5/12, experimenting eating real food again. If I can do this, so can you !! Stay Strong.