Kathie, welcome to OCF. Your sister has gone thru a rough time and is still struggling. Poor thing, no wonder she isnt her usual self. This is a big hurdle to mentally overcome. Many cancer patients face so many different side and after effects that they need anti-depressants to handle things.

Im glad Charm has responded to your post. He understands what its like. He has handled this much better than I would have been able to. (Maybe it has something to do with the wine (LOL to Charm)) Seriously, Charm has overcome this disability and handled it with grace.

I like the feeding pump, I think it is much easier to sleep during the feedings. Ive used a feeding tube the first time for 1 1/2 yrs and now this time its been 17 months. Im working on eating enough to maintain a healthy weight and balanced nutrition. Every time I am close to being tube free, I find that my health has declined and I cant get off it. I havent eaten a real meal in 3 1/2 yrs. While this doesnt happen to most tube users, it does unfortunately affect a few.

Best wishes to your sister with her upcoming appointments.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma