Kathie - Just to add a little something to EricS' comment about finding your "why". It is so important! Nietzhe's quote in his signature is very powerful. I didn't realize how important this "why" was at the time, but when my son was diagnosed and very, very depressed, I was so afraid for the direction he was going in. I tried to tell him how important he was to me, how much his family needed and loved him, what it would do to me to lose him, it didn't seem to matter until I started talking to him about his 5 year old daughter and what it would do to her if he didn't start fighting this cancer beast. We talked about the sadness she felt when he and her mother divorced, how it had affected her and how much I knew that she needed him to survive. And it did make a difference. It doesn't matter who or what the "why" is, - only that it needs to be there to be able to give one a reason to go on and to have hope. I do hope your sister will find her "why" and that there will be better days ahead for everyone.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)