I am wondering today... how does someone depressed help someone that is even more depressed?
Seriously? I am already on the highest dose of Effexor that is allowed. And all I want to do is sleep and wake up when its over.
He's very down now due to the new lesion in his lung and the docs decision to wait for a new pet next month before taking any action. Yesterday he was so angry I just let him brood for a few hours.
He worries terribly about his kids one moment, then feels they hate him, then feels this cancer is their fault because of something they told him they prayed for.
They said they asked God to find a way to make Matt have no where to turn to but to Him. Of course Matt now said, thanks a fking lot kids. Mission accomplished.
Its hard not to get sucked down into that darkness.
Yet if I'm happy and in a good mood, I feel guilty because how can I be happy when he's going through this?
Seems a never ending battle with no winning side to it.

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.