Sorry Ray,we all know what OCF is about we have all trodden the path in one way or another and are still entitled to our opinions.This family have chosen to carry out their battle in the public eye,made their statements and appeared in magazines and on television.While i fully applaud the attitude and honesty of the patient and admire his fighting spirit which will no doubt help and encourage hundreds of sufferers,i do think his wifes statements have been neither helpful or supportive to those women who are facing the unknown future of caring and advocating for their loved ones stricken with this disease.If she chooses to make such feelings public,then we are entitled to make comment on them.I for one don't see this as "bashing",and as for so what? ask the men who have said time and again on these boards that without their wives/partners they would never have made it.

I love this forum, have done so for over three years and one of the things i love most has been the honesty and frankness we have all been able to express here.During my year of living with Robin and his illness i rolled with the punches of other peoples opinions which were not always what i wanted to hear,but i never lost sight of the fact that they were given with love and usually the benefit of experience.An opinion(criticism)is just that.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.