[quote=Charm2017]It is indeed frustrating that our cancer gets misdiagnosed as sinus, infections, etc on a routine basis. It was six months before I had a CT scan that showed the tumor so I thought that Michael Douglas experience sounded pretty normal.(quote)

Thanks to Brian, Megan and the OCF that hopefully is turning around. Keep up the great work.
I watched the show last night and thought it was really well done. Talk show hosts have to presume that there are people in the audience who don't know these things so they ask questions that sometimes sound dumb. Letterman was also amazed how good M.D. looked after 1 week of trearments and of course I thought to myself "check back with him in about 5 weeks". Uncharitable thought, I know, most people have no 1st hand experience with the toll taken by these treatments.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.