[quote=Cookey]Sorry but she chose to speak to multiple reporters,no one forced her.Silence would have been more dignified if she feels so bad.We all felt frightened,angry, had issues with kids and the future,but one thing all the men and women here who are "caregivers" did, was support our men/women unreservedly and no matter how much we hated it we went to clinics appointments,and generally put our loved ones first, [/quote]

I agree 100% with you. I bought People and read the article. Catherine can't stand to watch her husband get chemo? She took her children to Bermuda??? WTF??? I can't imagine being anywhere else but by John's side while he endured these terrible treatments. He used to tell me not to bother wasting my time spending my lunch hour with him while he was having chemo. He was treated in the same hospital I work at. I didn't consider it "wasting" my time, I wanted to be there, I felt bad that I had to work and couldn't spend the entire time with him. As a "caregiver" it tears your heart out to watch someone you love so much go through so much but that is what loving someone means, BEING THERE!!!

She has no clue what Michael is in store for. It's easy to be there during the good times. Hopefully she will step up and be there for him or I guess she can always hire someone to do that. I wish Michael all the best and hope he makes a full recovery.

Having gone through this terrible disease has most definitely strengthened the love and commitment John and I have for each other but I guess the reality is it can also tear a not so strong bond apart.

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2