It's never easy hearing about someone being diagnosed with cancer, and to hear about another being dx'd with OC is an extra blow to the gut because "we" know what's coming throughout the tx process. You can tell in parts of the MD/DL interview that at times MD was nervous even though he was "on stage" as a professional. During the interview I also wondered to myself how it all seemed to eerily familiar not knowing that it was BOT/node involvement. And as Charm did, I also questioned the 80%, my survival rate was in the 30% range. But as always, today is better then yesterday and my yesterday was over 2 years ago--so I'm sure MD's BOT, stage IVa, node(s)?, HPV related? OC has better numbers. I wish MD and his family the best...What better person to have in your corner then Brian Hill? Nobody.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better