Mr. Dozier,

Thank you for your two cents and all of your inspiring stories! I am gearing up for surgery in just a short week and this final stretch has been so very tough. I am a huge MD fan because I grew up watching his movies when I was not supposed to, but I always found him to be the " Mans Man!". So I keep him in mind as I go through this every night, fighting for sleep, fighting to use the restroom and lashing out at my fiance, fighting just to eat anything. But I keep telling myself I have to much to do, It is way to early to check out and give up.

It sucks so friggin bad and I am at that lowest demominator,been to the breaking point several times and still havent even gotten to the operation table yet. I stopped taking the morhpine so I could pee normal again and number 2, I just want to try and tough it out with lidocaine and mouthwashes til I get there. The cancer seems to be becoming aggressive now,causing more tissue damage and sore on the side of tongue where it seems to be forming a deep hole. I go to the doctor for the last time at the ENT before surgery thursday, hopefully its still good news and surgery is on as planned. This thing is just killing me and I have been close to cutting it out several times myself, I just keep fighting the good fight my friends. Any suggestions or opinions on surgery experience and what to expect is welcomed, I love all of you like family, thank you for being there for me and my family.

Nathan

One Love,and Cheers!

SCC left lateral tongue, left neck dissection. 2 nodes positive. 3 All Clear then ITS BACK 8/23/11 Shows 1cm in tongue in CT SCAN, Radial Free Arm Flap with Radical Neck Dissection 9/20/11 , All Nodes Negative, But Tongue Tumor Poorly Differentiated. Awaiting next step in treatment on 10/5/11... RIP Nate 7/28/12