Charm's right that it's a marathon and not a sprint. I don't think that we should have next month in our heads though. It's hard to keep people, especially those that have a casual or less then casual experience with our disease, motivated to keep waiving the flags. The time is now.

What shocks me however is that I've laid out how I'm doing things for others to follow, yet find more posts on my Live News Feed and Status Updates about this contest from my friends NOT associated with OCF. Now granted I have more non-OCF friends, however I also know the list of everyone from OCF on Facebook (thanks Christine) and know who's not posting. I actually scroll through both Live and Status feeds and see who's doing this and can tell you on Facebook who is really going after it.

So I would challenge OCF'rs to a higher standard then that of my other friends. Those people didn't experience the hell that was treatment, they don't know what it's like to watch their loved one lose their tongue or face or their ability to eat, drink or talk. So why should we expect them to waive a flag or be more enthusiastic then we are willing to be ourselves? I would expect OCF'rs to be the example, to take the lead and to inspire people to care and act.

I'm stepping off my soapbox, but I'm so "Frackin" fired up right now I could go twelve rounds. Let's do this thing, glove up and kick the shit out of this contest! Who Dat?

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.