Linda, I'm glad that you are even at the stage of trying different foods. I think as cancer survivors no matter what stage in our treatment we are in or even past treatment like myself there are issues that are goimg to depress us. If you seen me you would never know that I was a cancer survivor. I know that some head and neck survivors have disfiguring surgeries and as many of you sit and fight your way thru depression I just want to say you have my admiration and love. Every morning when I look in the mirror I still duck but for different reasons. Linda I had a peg and was not able to swallow anything for over a yr. and believe it or not there are many days when I find myself saying I wish I still had my peg in. I was never hungry when I had it in. My problem is I need to drink my ensure to compliment what I eat in order to maintain optimum health. Sometimes I,m a bad boy and don't. My biggest problem was my teeth decaying and my fillings coming out while eating. I had a different cancer than most on this site so I don't think you will have the teeth issues I'm experiencing. I think it is so unbelievable that I have a choice today that I can have a Filet Mignon or a Strawberry Ensure, and to prove the point to never take my advice, I can't decide which to one.
Mark

Mark D. Stage 3 Nasopharynx dx10/99 T2N3M0 40xrad 2x Cisplatin 5FU. acute leuk 1998.