David, Funny what you say about all the food ads on tv. I never realized it until my husbnad pointed it out. He swore 2/3 of all tv ads were for food. He too went for the cheeseburger when he could first eat. Of course, he would also torture himself by watching the Food Network. I finally forbade him to watch it. It just made him so much worse. Sometimes, he would have me get a carry-out of his favorite food and watch me eat it. I thought it was a little weird when he would sniff my food, but if it made him happy...
He finished treatment 7-13 and we have our 3rd checkup today. Always nerve-wracking, but he looks and feels so much better. He eats almost anything he wants now, but I try to keep it healthy. He is back to work and a normal full schedule. I even have him doing his share of the household chores. So, taste and energy and hair and everything else is right around the corner. Don't get too frustrated everyone! Every day you discover a new food that tastes normal, it is like getting a present.