I have a dilemma. I only weighted 155 lbs pre tx and lost 32. I have since gained 13 lbs back in 8 wks all due to 2800 cals daily from carnation VHC which only requires me to drink 5 8oz cans. I can eat anything I want but I choose not to simply because I can't see how I could eat that many cals a day because of the time that would require. I have had 2 blood tests post tx and passed both with flying colors. I am still as weak as a 3 day old kitten and my wife (neither of us with expert knowledge) wants me to abandon the liquids and go to the solids claiming it will bring my strenght back. My CPA brain says stick with what's working but I still wonder if I'm doing the right thing.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.