Linda, it is definitely normal that you feel your throat getting more painful than during treatment because the side effects are accumulative. You will expect the pain to stay with you for quite a while and it is difficult to predict how long it will last because everyone heals differently. For me I had to take pain killers regularly every day for about 2 months after treatment. As for the burnt skin, yes, most people share similar experience that this is the first area that gets healed. I spat a lot too after treatment and conumed a large quantity of Kleenex. Yes very annoying but the amount will decrease gradually. I didn't do anything to stop it because I knew it was a natural outcome after treatment. Just accept it as a price you pay in exchange of your health. When there is no more mucus, the mouth dryness soon appears. You have recovered very well already since you are gaining some energy so soon. Be patient!

Karen

Karen stage 4B (T3N3M0)tonsil cancer diagnosed in 9/2001.Concurrent chemo-radiation treatment ( XRT x 48 /Cisplatin x 4) ended in 12/01. Have been in remission ever since.