To Sarah, Brian and Nelie,

First, thanks for your posts.

Reading the back of a can of the Carnation VHC, it reads like a supercharged Ensure Plus. 560 cals, 8.45 ozs, 32g fat with 3g saturated, 5ml choles, 290mg sodium, 440mg potassium, 49g carbs with 15g sugar, 23g protein and a whole list of vits and mins mostly 35% to 100% daily values.

I hear what your saying but I'm still a little confused. It seems that by consuming 4 to 5 cans per day I am getting more than enough for my body to heal itself. It takes maybe 10 seconds to drink a can but would take me 30 mins or so to prepare or get and consume solid food. Even though there is no pain in consuming solid food it still is cumbersome and timely.

Being a licensed CPA for the last 34 years has taught me that I usually don't see things the way more normal people do. Maybe I need to be slapped around a bit before I'll see the big picture.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.