Thanks for everyones thoughts and advice. The "paste" they gave Pat is giving him some relief and he has days it does not bother him as much as others. It's really a hard spot to reach but I do my best to plug the hole. The doctor never called back, so bye bye to that one. I am thinking the best course will be to have him go to his dentist so Monday he will be calling him. This guy is really good with a wife that works at Moffit and he is a "cancer dentist" if there is such a thing. At best he will at least have the tools to see back that far and explore. His weight is still down and in general his health is good. He is starting occupational therapy on Monday for Lymphodemia. His PT did say is was just starting so two weeks of learning how to do the gentle massage to open up the nodes so everything drains the proper way. As you said, baby steps. We are not getting discouraged, just staying ahead of the game. We have lidocaine liquid, I wonder if that would work on the sore for eating, hmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the advice and Kathy I am so glad Kevin is on his way home!!!!!!

Debbie, caregiver to Pat my loving husband of 32 years. T1
N2a M0 squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of tongue. Started on concurrent cisplatin and radiation, first
cycle was 09/26/2011, 35 rad, 2 chemo. Last Rad 11-11-11 at 1!!!!