We are almost 2 1/2 weeks out post tx. Kevin is still dealing with the mucous, but it is getting better. It would probably be a good idea for your hubby to go for fluids 3x week. Hopefully he is doing that. I can't remember reading anything but a recent one time fluids. Even our second week out Kev went for fluids. It just helps give him energy. I have heard the suction machine is a great thing. We didn't do it though, Kevin just didn't like the idea. He did use peroxide rinses often, as well as the magic mouthwash. There are times now that he coughs and pieces of skin come out. We know they are scabs, so some healing is happening for sure. What is the chemo they are waiting to do? Is it Erbitux? If so, keep in mind that that stays in your system for another 2 weeks after the last tx too. Kevin is just getting past te last of the rash. His outside burns are finally beginning to heal also. That has take almost 3 weeks. Hang in there. Like I said before, know what's coming and hunker down and do it. Then you can start living again. We even went to Lowe's yesyerday!! Man Heaven!!! LOL

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14