That is good to know, I don't understand why they didn't put him on antibiotics so will push the issue if it's not better by next week. Our latest mountain to climb is insomnia. As I posted before he took an OTC sleeping pill last week and got a full 8 hours!! All week this week he sleeps a few hours, wakes up a few hours, dozes but is not getting a full nights rest. Last night he tried Excedrin pm as well as two cups of sleepy time tea and it didn't work. I know some of it is psychological because he goes to bed saying "I hope I can sleep tonight". I hope this is one of those this too shall pass moments. I have to go out of town for a week on a business trip and he is coming with so it will be a week of weight room, exercise, pool, whirlpool and eating out for most of our meals. I think this will be very therapeutic for him. Thank you Kathy for all of your help. If anyone has an insomnia cure, I am open to any and all ideas!

Debbie, caregiver to Pat my loving husband of 32 years. T1
N2a M0 squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of tongue. Started on concurrent cisplatin and radiation, first
cycle was 09/26/2011, 35 rad, 2 chemo. Last Rad 11-11-11 at 1!!!!