His last radiation is tomorrow. 11-11-11 at 11 on Veterans day! Since his service in Vietnam may have contributed to this is it fitting and great karma!. Losing track of time so I appreciate this forum to look back and keep myself straight. It has been rough this week with Tuesday in the DRC at Moffitt to get fluids. They found that a fentenol disovable tablet helped him to the point he drank 2 glasses of water! Yeah! Yesterday was a pharmacy nightmare getting authorizations and a pharmacy that actually carried it. Finally got it today and still not enough fluids and food but still forward moving with 3 full 12 oz glasses of water and a bowl of butter laden oatmeal. Chemo this week has been canceled twice now and they are going to postpone for a couple of weeks to get his wbc count up. Right now we are at 11.5 . Other than that battling with the heavy mucus so any pointers on that would be helpful. I think tomorrow will be a great page turner knowing he won't have any more treatments. He will have a full day of the new meds and we can relax together all weekend. Thanks as always for helping us on this journey!

Debbie, caregiver to Pat my loving husband of 32 years. T1
N2a M0 squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of tongue. Started on concurrent cisplatin and radiation, first
cycle was 09/26/2011, 35 rad, 2 chemo. Last Rad 11-11-11 at 1!!!!