All great advice! I am also going to try the meat tenderizer that was mentioned on another chat string. Who knows. I also listened to the advice about taking care of myself. I took this week off of work so I could drive him to his treatments and take care of him. Next week I go back to work and am fortunate enough to work 1 mile away so will be able to check in frequently. One of the hard things to do to is keep an active man from being bored but until his WBC goes up I don't want him out and about. As far as getting him to eat and drink, he has been a physical fitness buff for years which I am sure has helped him a lot. Well he has always been on me to do the same so here is my plan, for every glass of water I will bike 10 minutes for every meal I will box 10 minutes etc. Kind of make a contract. Now for the just great news. Last day of treatments and Moffitt called, both machines are down and if they can't get them working today they will fit him in tomorrow. UNREAL.

Debbie, caregiver to Pat my loving husband of 32 years. T1
N2a M0 squamous cell carcinoma of the left base of tongue. Started on concurrent cisplatin and radiation, first
cycle was 09/26/2011, 35 rad, 2 chemo. Last Rad 11-11-11 at 1!!!!