So ironic Deb. Kevin is going through the exact same thing. Since we are a week ahead I will tell you that his tongue has healed a ton since a week ago Monday when we went to have them look at it. They put him on Diflucan for 10 days and it has done wonders. They didn't think it was infected, but Kev and I think it was a yeast thing or something because it healed so fast after starting the meds.
Kev's throat still hurts though. He is having the same trouble Pat is with food. It's just really hit or miss. He has now lost 42 pounds. That was as of Tuesday, and I know he's lost more. I can see it! Luckily he was about 60 lbs overweight, so he looks great. If only it wasn't muscle he was losing. I know his strength is compromised a bit. It will be ok though.
His scope went well and there was NO sign of cancer. They will do it again in 4 months. CT on the 20th and PET in February.
Our bad news is that my pap came back abnormal and positive for HPV. So next Wednesday I am having a colposcopy and a leep procedure done in the or. It is an outpatient thing. Praying it comes back ok. The next step will be a hysterectomy. I think I'm ok with that as long as it gets it all! Trying not to worry!
One of our fellow cancer buddies died this week too. He was very sick so it's a blessing, but it just made me angry that the cancer won. It's personal now. His name was Kevin too. Sweet man with a sweet wife. Went to the service today and she looked tired, but not as tired as she has looked the last 2 months.
Here's hoping for a good weekend for both of us. Meeting the inlaws at Olive Garden Sunday after church. Hopefully Kev will be able to eat. Fettucine Alfredo usually goes down pretty well. See ya!!

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14