Patdeb, I'm sorry indeed to read all this. But the end is in sight! I think you'll find, maybe already are finding, that the Fentanyl patch is helping. I too used it plus Oxy in the last weeks of radiation. I'll let others comment on the nasal tube.

You mentioned magic mouthwash and lidocaine. I used the straight viscous lido, held it in my mouth for a full ten minutes before I was even able to try a can of liquid nutrition. And it still barely helped. So I definitely feel his pain.

I personally found morphine gave me an upset stomach and that Oxy was better. But you should certainly ask about it because we're all different. As far as constipation... yeah, that's a very tough one. I tried everything you could swallow or suppositate (I just made up that word) but eventually, alas, it was only my RO nurse's suggestion of investing in a box of rubber gloves that did the trick. Painful, but temporary.

Hang in there, both of you. As others have written, things are unfortunately likely to get tougher before they get easier. But the rainbows will become more frequent.

My thoughts are with you. You are definitely not alone in this... we're all here for you both.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18