Angelia,

I am so sorry you are here, but here you are. When I was first diagnosed things really began to spin out of control for me with no help in sight. Finally I reached out to someone who had a same cancer. With her help and advice I realized that I needed to be my own care manager. I needed to take charge. Remember you make the decisions and in order to do this you need to acquire information. You have found a valuable tool here, read all the data you can on the OCF main page such as facts, treatments etc... Also look for comprehensive cancer centers (CCCs)near your area. That is where you will get the more complete treatment.

As far as work goes it's what ever you feel up to, but keep in mind you may need further treatment such as radiation therapy and/or chemo therapy. Hss anyone talked with you about additional or concurrent treatment options?

This is a great forum and you will find lots of support here, but you'll need additional support from your husband/caregiver too. If you can guide him here maybe he can help with learning and getting smart on all your options/choices to be made.

Hang in there and we're here to help.

Tim

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.