I assume all health care plans don't include vision, prescriptions and dental. Or are scripts included in all plans?

I work for a large company and our plan choices are determined by location and whether the employee is union or non-union. I often wondered if I was transferred to another area and had to change my plan, how that would affect my precondition with the new provider...If I moved to another county that alone could change coverage. It sure is complicated and scary. Am I stuck in my area due to cancer?

Too bad coverage wasn't determined by a whole industry or county or state or something like that...I suppose that would be socialized health care.

If small companies can't afford health care and large companies are having trouble affording the ever rising costs and as self-employed Gary proved having everything covered is very difficult. If it was socialized health care and we all paid through the form of taxes...Then who makes up the premium difference? Costs just don't drop. What happens to the industry as a whole? Is everything just regulated that much more? More red tape? Forms to fill out? It's complicated now and I can't see it getting easier other then everyone is covered...which I consider a major accomplishment.

I'm sorry I'm going off subject from what Gary originally asked but this subject has a lot of questions within itself. It's huge. Yet, other countries have been successful. within the U.S., SS, Medicare, and Medicaid are all socialized and they are a mess...maybe the whole system has to be one way or another not a mixture of both. Maybe if there wasn't so many choices...it's very confusing, I don't see how it can be fixed. Buying the wrong car is a horrible mistake, buying the wrong health care is deadly.

How long has socialized medicine been around? And was it better before or after the change?

Gary--you have my head spinning with this subject...LOL

Last edited by Ray1971; 12-16-2008 07:55 AM.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better