One of the reasons why medical coverage is so high is because of the number of uninsured in this country. Now, with socialized medicine we would still pay, but, How much? Socialized medicine is not free medicine, we would pay in the form of taxes. Everyone would be forced to pay into the system, except for those who don't pay taxes. Btw, I do believe that everyone ought to be medically covered with the same benefits that our Politicians get. Whatever benefits they get--we should get. I don't believe we will see socialized health care within the next four years, it doesn't seem plausible to me. Nothing will happen until we start to see the average life expectancy in our country dramatically drop. The U.S. is a lot different then the rest of the world, especially those in the E.U., we're arrogant and we believe our way is the right way until it fails miserably. The U.S. will have to be forced into socialized medical care for the average citizen. And there is no reason why it shouldn't work...it's worked for our military and politicians for decades.

Maybe car insurance should be mandated through the government too. My sister was rear ended and the guy took off.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better