I am going to be a little mouse who will no doubt be squished...but I feel like even though there are some glitches and it is still the fact that if you have money you can get better treatment, medicines, and care. For the most part I was surprised at the speed of my treatment. I thought it was a little long but I was diagnosed in June and biopsy in July seen by London Cancer Center two days after results from biopsy came in (August) surgery by September 8. I only have trouble with the fact that follow up scans are not done unless "warranted". The nurses that came to my home when I was released from hospital were wonderful. Brought free samples of ensure and a few other brands and all my wound dressings were covered. Payment for coverage is determined by income which kinda makes sense to me. Takes a bit of the burden off of taxes. I am not into politics and such but know that it may not be the best system and yes the wait times in emergency can be horrific. But then if you have seen the bucket list even though it was a movie money or no money sickness is sickness. Death is death and you can't buy your way out of it.

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY